News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

my ride to denmark. i finally have a bike here :D

Started by rybes, April 03, 2011, 11:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

well it started like this. 2 days before we left i decided to fit a set of untried and untested carbs from a sprint to me bike. for once, everythin went as it was sposed to, apart from one small float problem everythin worked time to load it up then. max weight a tiger can carry is 180kg inc rider, pillion and luggage. well in our gear me n Caminski are bout 15 kilos over that so a good start then. after packin up the bike looked like this

so we was bout 45-50kg over weight. oh well, off we go. was a bloody windt ride to harwich from yarmouth n with all that weight on the back it made the front feel like it was on icey ball bearins. jus a touch arse clenchin, spesh on roundabouts
made it safe to the ferry, god knows how we got there. then we got given a bed for the bike and a bed for us. thankfully not in the same place.
camilla was chuffed we made it to the boat alive

and i was less impressed with the ride down than i thought id be

after 18 hours on a boat we finally made it to Denmark, look a zzr 600 with a dodgey lookin plate on it

after a while of ridin and loosin feelin in legs bums n nuts. (too much luggage not enough space) we pulled over for some grub. no piccys of the grub tho, jus a pic of the bike

after grub we left and went the last it of the way home. was lovely weather, big wide A roads with sweepin bends and not much reason to slow down to under 80. lots of bikes to over take too. they all ride legally here, i must remember those speed limit signs are in kmh not mph was fuckin great. best bit was, apart from gettin home, was even with all that crap on the bike, it still managed to get 45mpg result
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rybes

whoops, jus seen i posted this in the wrong area. can it be moved ? thanks  :D

CoolHandLuke

Very amusing post.  It made for a good read :)

It must have been very interesting stopping at lights and such.

rybes

was ok stoppin at lights and junctions, just planned emwell in advance. the fun part came at roundabouts and slow movin speeds.   :shock: thought i was gunna topple more than once. gettin off the ferry wernt fun either. was a metal loadin ramp :doubt  goin up onto the ferry was ok. comin out of it in a slow movin traffic jam was bloody scarey

NeilD

good to see you got it there!  8)

I presume the throwovers were ok next to the pipes, or did you have something in between them?

rybes

cheers neil. they were fine mate. had nuffin between em. got left with 1 small heat induced pressure scar but nuffin that looks like itll bust soon

Sin_Tiger

Brilliant, well done  :shock:  I found the solution to light front end with the Vara - big tank bag, stop at B&Q medium sack of gravel  :lol:  no seriously, I always thought it was a bit poseurish some of my mates carrying their tool rolls on racks in front of the faring on their Africa Twins, I found out why!

Glad you got home OK though, steel chequer plate is not a nice place to take a nap.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint