News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tiger Owner

Started by recliffo, August 09, 2006, 03:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recliffo

I recently purchased a 1995 Tiger. The bike has been starting very quickly as the weather has been warm. Last nite it got down to about 50 deg Far. I tried starting my bike with no choke as it has been starting fine this way, by the time I gave bike full choke it was flooded and did not have time to waste to get to work and also did not want to harm the starter or run the battery down. Any tips on starting the Tiger in cool or cold weather. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

GrantR

I find that a little choke works with mine except when the engine is hot. It always starts with a little choke but won't rev so I just leave it idling till I get on my helmet and gloves and then it's ok.

the only othet problem I've found in really cold weather (less than 5 or 6 deg C) is that if yoou ride at sabout 85-90 for prolonged periods it can suffer from carb icing.

Jim S

You'll suffer from a lot of carb icing there then eh?  :lol:  :lol:

I spent 20yrs working in Aberdeen, warmer over here in Moray!  :wink:

:lol:  Good to see someone from up this neck of the woods!

See you at Alford next month?

Back to the thread, sorry  :oops:  955i, sorry, no choke or carbs!  :lol:
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

GrantR

Jim,

You are CORRECT....although it hasn't been too bad lately! I actually bought my Tiger to use when I was working in Shetland for 2 years. It probably wasn't the best choice due to some of the cross winds you can get up there. When I came back to Aberdeen I was going to sell it (I've also got a Sprint ST) as it was just going to be a 2nd bike. However I've just kept it and use it for commuting to work. At the moment I'm getting the front hub relaced and fitted with a 17" wheel  so that should make it even more fun.

What date is Alford this year?

Jim S

3rd of Sept mate, for anyone in the UK interested in a day out, we're talking about the Grampian motorcycle convention, all forms of bikes, I like to look over all the vintage ones. The moped marathon is second to none, it's like chariot racing on mopeds! Very violent some years, I remember Gary Rothwell getting kicked off his paddock bike a few yrs back!

Here's the link to anyone fancying a day out riding up in Scotland;

http://www.gtm.org.uk/whats_on.htm

I'm unsure if I'll take the Tiger up or my old CB750KZ, I considered showing it this yr.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade