News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ride height-adjustments and alteration

Started by R0B, May 17, 2011, 04:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R0B

Hi all,

Having managed to find an internet connection, I thought  I'd pick your brains ready for my return..............

I have a couple of tigers, one is currently in bits and will be going back together when I get back. My trip across France has highlighted a problem I didn't know really existed.................I'm too short!! 6' with a 32" inside leg. I replaced my standard seat with a Corbin, and am really happy with it's comfort levels, but it further increased the seat height by around and inch........coupled with my leather jeans, which seem to restrict my leg movement by another inch, the bike has been hard work, setting off, getting on and off safely etc..especially with the addition of panniers and top case.

I am converting the other bike to 3 spoke wheels on my return, those of you that have already done this conversion, how much height have you lost from the saddle?. I have just seen a bike on ebay that had the whole triple front and rear end transplanted, but I hope that is too much of a solution at the moment.

The other question is......................if the conversion works for me, I will likely do both bikes.................I'll never off road the tiger............so, if I sell the complete front ends off both bikes, I can probably draw some useful cash back.........however, it would obviously affect the bikes 'collectability' in the future if I decided to sell............... is it worth keeping hold of the original parts, or just get on and sell them.....it's likely I'll be keeping them both for a while

Rob (lost in france)

rf9rider

Reckon i lost around an inch in height with the 3 spokes fitted.
If you want it lowered more, you could always turn the rear eccentric adjusters to lower the rear end and drop the yokes an inch or so to match, although don`t know if that would upset the steering?
Or you could have the original seat cut down and lowered and sell the Corbin, which i`m told is wider than the stock seat and could be your main problem?

R0B

Thanks for the reply. 'll get my 3 spoke wheels fitted on the other bike and see where I am............The height issue has only really affected me when I've had the high up weight of the panniers, and the restriction of my leathers. When I have my Rukkas on, I have more movement and it's a lot easier. I'm going to put the standard seat on and see what I think of that.  I've heard of inverting the rear wheel adjusters, and I suppose some road bike geometry would seriously help....................but one step at a time

Rob