News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Installing new accessories Looking for advice.

Started by tazshido, June 06, 2011, 03:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

My list of farkles is already pretty extensive, but of course, I want more. I'm getting ready to install two HID (35w) auxiliary lights and a Stebel Nautilus on my 2006 Tiger. My idea for the horn is to tap into the existing curcuit for the stock horn to a relay to trigger a direct curcuit from the battery to the Stebel. I'm also pondering putting an interuptor switch in that original curcuit so that when the switch is "off" I get only the stock horn and when its "on" I get both the stock and Stebel. Am I right in my thinking on this?
As for the HID Aux lights, what's the best way to wire this set-up so as not to drain the system of needed amps. I saw the HIDs as the obvious choice because, after firing off, they draw a lot less amps than a typical 55 watt halogen, and they are brighter. If my thinking is jack the &@(% up, please let me know.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Bixxer Bob

Agree on the horn, but don't forget to put an in-line fuse in the main supply to the horn, as close to the battery as you can.  In fact, since you are adding HIDs as well, and they'll need a fuse, why not put one supply to a 4 fuse holder then it'll double up as your distribution point.  

Have a look around for Stretch's old wiring setup, it'll give you a few ideas.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...