News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bridgestone BT020 Front with BT023 Rear

Started by scottcassidy, June 02, 2011, 08:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottcassidy

Can anyone tell me if i can run a BT020 front and BT023 Back on a Tiger 955i

Bixxer Bob

I assume that you've already checked rim sizes and established that those tyres are available?

If so, why do you want the 023 on the back?  I run 020s back and front on my 'Bird and have done for many years.  They grip way better than I do.

If you're looking for a good grippy road orientated tyre for the Tigger, you could do  (a lot) worse than Pirelli Scorpion Trails.  I'm running a set and they grip right to the edge (ok, ok, I have about 5mm of chicken strips to go) and are good in the wet also. The tread pattern is road style, not blocked, so runs a bit smoother on tarmac too.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

HockleyBoy

Bob,

What sort of mileage are you getting out of the Scorpion Trails?
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

Dunno yet, I only put them on at the beginning of this season.  The last pair were Pirelli MT90s (apparently they are the same as Metzler except for the name on the side) which have an Anakee-type block tread.  They were a brilliant tyre but I think I only got about 5k out of the back.  Front was still good but I always change them as a pair.

I never seem to get more than 5k out of a tyre as (up till now anyway) I was doing high mileage motorway commutes.  We'll see as this goes.  Also, although I'm not a quick rider, I try to be smooth but I'm fairly agressive with the throttle out of corners so tyre wear is always going to be high.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

HockleyBoy

I will be interested to see how they go, not in a rush to change tryes as have fairly new Anakees on but am interested in something a little more road biased.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Spud

Need to get Mark Young to tell you what tyres he is running as he got his pegs down on Thursday right in front of me, I run Anakees 2 cheers Spud

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"Bob,

What sort of mileage are you getting out of the Scorpion Trails?

Still dunno, but got a surprise when I checked the mileage for the MT 90s, 8,300 miles :shock:  Never been heard of on any bike of mine  :lol:

Oh, and I only got 6k out of a set of Anakees....