News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

No Headlights, Fuse NOT OK

Started by HockleyBoy, June 16, 2011, 12:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

Pulled into work this morning and no headlights (dipped or high). As the limit of my electrical knowledge is checking the fuse (and that appears to be ok, would appreciate some advice on where to look next.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

daveb

a buddy of mine had the same problem on a DL650, no main or high beam lights. we found the problem to be one on the connector blocks to the headlight harness had an intermittent problem. the terminal pins needed cleaning.

dont know if this helps.

HockleyBoy

Thanks Dave, will start there.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

KuzzinKenny

You did check both, there's 2 fuses in the fuse box for the headlights   :?

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

HockleyBoy

:oops:

Thanks Kenny spot on, wish I had read your post last night before I removed most of the front end, checked and dielectric greased all connectors, relays etc all to no avail (although I suppose it was job that needed doing anyway!)

After reading your post this morning at work, went down to the garage and changed "the other fuse" that I didn't check the first time an lo and behold there was light.

Thanks again and sorry to waste peoples time  :oops:

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "HockleyBoy":oops:

Thanks Kenny spot on, wish I had read your post last night before I removed most of the front end, checked and dielectric greased all connectors, relays etc all to no avail (although I suppose it was job that needed doing anyway!)

After reading your post this morning at work, went down to the garage and changed "the other fuse" that I didn't check the first time an lo and behold there was light.

Thanks again and sorry to waste peoples time  :oops:

Hey HockleyBoy !! its never a waste of time, this post will come up the next time someone has the same prob and does a search  :wink:

the only reason I new there were 2 fuses, i was messin around with TuneECU and ya gota remove them  :lol:

glad it was a cheap fix  :thumbsup

Q. is there any better quality fuses out there or are they all the same ??

KK

ps why did the fuse blow ??  :icon_scratch
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

HockleyBoy

There do seem to be different quality fuses out there, Halfords do some with an LED light in that shows when a fuse blows but they are quite expensive. I have a box of standard fuses that came form Maplin's that seem ok. Bought some form a pound shop once and they were rubbish, the blades were loose in the plastic holder.

The fuse most likely went when one of my headlights gave up a week or so back (I use Osram Nightbreakers and they only seem to last about a year or so)  and I changed the bulb.

No problems since I replaced the "other fuse"  :D

Thanks again!

gilly527

Just got back in from a ride at night, and my headlights on my 2001 Tiger would flicker from time to time. At one point I had to coast and turn off the key and start her up again, to no avail and ended up pulling over and just letting her sit for a minute then turned the key and started her up and the headlight and dash lights were all back on again. Note, the headlights and dash lights would flicker/go off completely at the same time, however the annunciation lights (the oil, N, etc along the top would still work fine, apart from the full beam lights annunciation). I just got in, and will check fuses tomorrow, but I wouldn't have thought a fuse would cause a flickering problem... a fuse would just be a blown or not blown problem...

Any other ideas anyone?
2001 Triumph Tiger 955i.

Timbox2

Quote from: "gilly527"Just got back in from a ride at night, and my headlights on my 2001 Tiger would flicker from time to time. At one point I had to coast and turn off the key and start her up again, to no avail and ended up pulling over and just letting her sit for a minute then turned the key and started her up and the headlight and dash lights were all back on again. Note, the headlights and dash lights would flicker/go off completely at the same time, however the annunciation lights (the oil, N, etc along the top would still work fine, apart from the full beam lights annunciation). I just got in, and will check fuses tomorrow, but I wouldn't have thought a fuse would cause a flickering problem... a fuse would just be a blown or not blown problem...

Any other ideas anyone?

Could be one of the wires on the bottom of the ignition switch, think this has happened to others, the solder can fracture. can be easy or a pain to get off, as they use shear off bolts from the factory to hold the assembly in.
2016 Tiger Sport