News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

It's expensive being a nitwit

Started by 97tiger885, July 16, 2011, 11:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

I figured that one day I would kill the tiger by doing in the sprag clutch.  Today I made a fair attempt by the loose chain method.  As far as I can see the only damage from the chain is to the sprocket cover.

I put a nice hole in the housing for the clutch rod (?).

Anywhere else I should look for damage?  I may have done internal damage since the low oil light never came on.  I didn't hear any excessive valve noise or feel a loss of power on the ride home after retightening the chain.  But I was definitely way low on oil.  (Much of it was on the rear tire.) Did I get lucky here regarding the amount of chain damage?  Anybody got a spare sprocket cover for sale?

Mustang

Quote from: "97tiger885"Anywhere else I should look for damage?  I may have done internal damage since the low oil light never came on.  I didn't hear any excessive valve noise or feel a loss of power on the ride home after retightening the chain.  But I was definitely way low on oil.  (Much of it was on the rear tire.) Did I get lucky here regarding the amount of chain damage?  Anybody got a spare sprocket cover for sale?
you have a PM