News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Heres a strange one

Started by Timbox2, July 22, 2011, 06:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Ive been getting a vibration through the left footpeg for a short while now, on decel.

Ive checked the chain etc, mounting bolts couldnt find anything.

Today I decided to take the centre stand off and give it a paint, and while at it take the brackets off to see if I could find out why the bike leans to the Right when on the stand.

Anyway with the L/H bracket off I notice the lower chain rub sleeve has turned round on the engine mounting bolt and is upside down, so the chain has been hitting the underside where there isnt any thickness. Turned it round and its fine now, thing is I cannot for the life of me see how it turned round as with the centre stand bracket in place it cant be done????????????
2016 Tiger Sport

jwray76

Nice find...maybe it was installed upside down at some point.

BTW the centerstand leaning thing is typical and nothing wrong with yours. Some folks have welded on a plate to the stand in order to straighten it up. Personally doesn't bother me though.