News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

front sprockets

Started by rybes, July 30, 2011, 09:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

evenin  :D

ive noticed that a few of you have put differnt size front sprockets on ya steamer. my guess is to make the engine rev less and save petrol ? my questions are, what differnce have you noticed to the way the bike accelerates ? and what size sprocket is best ?
i been thinkin of changin it as the roads here are great and you can sit at 80mph for mile after mile. from a full tank, sat at 80 the fuel light comes on around 152 miles. would a larger sprocket up that number ?

cheers all
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

jwray76

one tooth on the front sprocket makes a pretty big difference. Most folks are going one tooth smaller for off road low end. If you add a tooth it would lower the revs on the highway, but you would loose quite a bit of low end. Other option is to play with the rear sprocket or a combination of both.