News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Please add to this: Recommended mods for new Girly owner

Started by smoketriples, July 31, 2011, 05:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Started wiith having 17" rim laced on the front and a 5 1/2" rim on the back so I could use a 180 on the rear.

And then went to Dymags,the wire Supermoto wheels are in Scotland!!

smoketriples

I guess I forgot to mention I'm a cheap bastige and the value of an 00 Tiger here in the states is about 3K US dollars.  The Dynmag wheels are not even a possibility.

Now if there is a 17 from another model trumpet that fits, I'm all for visiting the breaker and getting one :).  

Eric (cheap bastige).
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

Chris Canning

Come to that my 955 has zero value as well,but dieing rich has never been on the agenda,and after 10 years of my own R+D(I've had the bike from new)) I took great delight in riding a 1200 Multistrada and finding out it was only marginally better.

As for another wheel fitting maybe,the internet got me out of hole when I was doing the 17" conversion maybe it will you too,

Oh you can't buy Dymags anyway they went bust  :roll:

But this Tiger of mine is the only bike I've ever had that will change direction mid corner two up fully load with my boot scrapping on the ground,which made the time and effort(there was lots) worth the effort,and the R+D still goes on.

walker

Quote from: "metalguru"Adjustable forks on a Girly??....Please tell :?:

caps from a sprint, you have to cut down the spring spacer just a bit. There is also a washer that sits under the cap you get as well.... only will do preload, not adjust damping.

smoketriples

Are my adjustable forks not stock?  Mine has both preload and damping (well I think it has damping, the brass bolt in the center of the preload adjuster?

How about my adjustable levers?  was that stock?  so much I don't know!
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

Mustang

add=ons by previous owner

smoketriples

I can relate Chris, but my Kettles are my money sinks.  The cafe style one in my welcome pic has honda CBR front end and swingarm, wheels, brakes, vfr clipons, custom chambers, accent electronic ignition, etc.  Never be worth my time and dollars invested, but I love it!  For this 855 I want to build reliable and economical, its to be my commuter and long distance tourer.  My FJR1300 was a wonderful machine but lousy in mud and snow :).

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Come to that my 955 has zero value as well,but dieing rich has never been on the agenda,and after 10 years of my own R+D(I've had the bike from new)) I took great delight in riding a 1200 Multistrada and finding out it was only marginally better.
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

smoketriples

Quote from: "Mustang"add=ons by previous owner

Wish I knew everything that he did :(.  He's a tiger 'nut' (according to dealer salesperson who says he knows him)  and also has an 955 and just bought a new (i think 1050)  which is why he sold this one.

Sure wish he hadn't had mayer do the seat, sits way too high for me, but I'm only 5'10.
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

smoketriples

talking to myself, is that a bad sign?  Just saw that previous owner is the lists own Walker, who updated my welcome message with all the details on the bike.
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

Sasquatch

01 Girly

If I had to replace the bike, this is the list that I have done to mine that I would do again without even riding the bike first.

Corbin Seat
Tubeless conversion for wheels
Wireless TPMS sensor
Hard wired controller for heated clothing
Heated grips
Sasquatch Voltage Fix
Additional fuse box, relay switched.
Crash protection and highway pegs
Electronic cruise control
Aluminum panniers
Hyperpro shock
Sasquatch fork mods
ATV Hi bars with risers
MadStad Engineering adjustable windscreen
Acerbis hand guards
Off road pipe, tune and air box mods

smoketriples

Quote from: "Sasquatch"01 Girly
Electronic cruise control

You got a pointer to a how to on the cruise?  I put a electronic cruise control on my FJR1300, was wonderful.  Audiovox unit.  I still have the unit so that's a good one to do.

-e
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

Sasquatch

Did not do a photo shoot while installing it.  Dad and I both put them on our Tigers.  Had to get a bit creative, but works great.  We used the one that is all electric, no vacuum canisters.