News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Suspension front and rear

Started by bwvtom, July 22, 2011, 03:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Quote from: "Sasquatch"I sell quite a few with no problems.

I know you do, are US Hyperpro built in the States?
2016 Tiger Sport

Sasquatch

Timbox2

Quote from: "Sasquatch"Nope, in Holland.

Odd, wish I could find that post.

Edit:  Found it, http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... t=hyperpro
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Timbox2"
Quote from: "Sasquatch"Nope, in Holland.

Odd, wish I could find that post.

Edit:  Found it, http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... t=hyperpro

Tim

I must have missed that thread,because in recent weeks I've had the same conversation about my Ohlins,when the qoute wasThe reason you need a spring that big is because Triumph don't/didn't know what the F their doing with the swing arm.

In fairness to a balanced thread,I've set a bike up that will scratch at any speed,two with a pile of kit.

Sasquatch

Like I said, I am not having any problems getting parts from Hyperpro for Tigers.  Maybe with this economy they decided to not throw sales away.  I bought one for my 01 in March, and sold 4 since then.  One customer is getting theirs this week.

sgt-pluck

I've had the Hyperpro on the back on mine for a while now.  I went for the '3d emulsion', but with optional height adjuster so I could raise the rear to improve cornering.  Damping is much, much better, the spring is softer than the stock spring ( matched to rider weight ) but far better controlled.  Bike feels much more composed, and 'poised' in all situations.

I've got Racetech emulators in the front as well: an improvement again over stock and I'm glad I did it, but the biggest bang for the buck was the Hyperpro on the rear.

N

Oh and PS - I ride mostly on tarmac, so can't comment on off-road capability of this set-up.

pizzaman383

Quote from: "Sasquatch"Like I said, I am not having any problems getting parts from Hyperpro for Tigers.  Maybe with this economy they decided to not throw sales away.  I bought one for my 01 in March, and sold 4 since then.  One customer is getting theirs this week.

Sasquatch was great to deal with.
PizzaMan383
Black 2004 Tiger

Author: Passionate About Pizza Cookbook

Chris Canning

Quote from: "sgt-pluck"but the biggest bang for the buck was the Hyperpro o

In reality you can subsitute Hyperpro with any other aftermarket manafacturere depending on budget,which ever you fit is just a league in front of the stocker,whats always so frustrating is how much resistance folks put up,'Do I really need one' 'Will I notice the difference' blah blah blah and when they do,it's like someone switched the light on in a dark room.