News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

highwaypegs that retro fit a 2001 tiger

Started by shannonlec, August 08, 2011, 12:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shannonlec

i have just purchaced a 2001 tiger and have been looking for some highwaypegs that could fit on the crash bars or any one recomend any ?>

doc

I used sportster passenger pegs, they were $30 at a harly dealer. they are small rubber coated and fold up, work great.

Doc

Chris Canning

I've seen no end of photos with highways pegs or what ever you guys in the States call e'm def an American thing,when riding long distance particularly with my right boot,I have the front tip  just balance on the peg with the heel jammed on the exhaust guard,worked well for a 1000 miler.

mtrdrms

Quote from: "doc"I used sportster passenger pegs, they were $30 at a harly dealer. they are small rubber coated and fold up, work great.

Doc
Hey doc,
What year sportster?  Where did you mount them? Any pics?

Thanks

Andy
1999 Tiger (approx 53k miles)

"To reject the part of the buddha that attends to the analysis of motorcycles is to miss the buddha entirely."
-Robert Pirsig

Dred

Quote from: "Chris Canning"I've seen no end of photos with highways pegs or what ever you guys in the States call e'm def an American thing,when riding long distance particularly with my right boot,I have the front tip  just balance on the peg with the heel jammed on the exhaust guard,worked well for a 1000 miler.

Chris ... I resemble that remark 8) .  My knees can't handle more than a couple hours of 75-90 degree bend (long legs?).  And, feet are on the pegs for all of the fun stuff - definitely better cotrol to be had on the pegs.

That said:  Shannon - bout your only limiting factor is the diameter of your crash bars.  Figure that and a world of options opens for you.  I pulled mine off the shelf at my tire shop - I wish they'd had something less bright than chrome, but my knees thanked me immediately (installed'm in the parking lot).  Heck, I istalled a set bought from the first motorcycle dealership I passed when riding a rented harley from Texas to New Hampshire - I needed them well before I found a dealership on that ride.

JC Whitless <-link has several options.
You can search highway pegs on Ebay or Amazon for more options than I can sort here.  The key to the fitment is knowig the diameter of your crash bars.[/url]