News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How is this "totaled"? F'n insurance companies.

Started by paulie, July 22, 2011, 10:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

I know they are the broker but believe they have their own repair shops up Manchester way which is why they are a little less likely to write your bike off as they can carry out repairs far cheaper than the main dealer prices used by many insurance companies to determine if your bike is totalled.

Fortunately it is my only experience of the claims side of insurance, but I was very impressed as I got the bike I love back in better nick than when I crashed it which I wasn't expecting. :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

3 of my 4 bikes are insured with CN,I had a renewal last year that I didn't like,phoned e'm and had a decent chat,in the end I asked for an insurance qoute for a bloke who was never going to make a claim and bugger me!! he did  :D

Spud

Just insured with IAM, told them I had upgraded hand guards, engine bars he asked why I was informing him of them, I told him that I informed last insurer to qoute and the qoute went up, his reply.. " it's a safety excessory and not an performance enhancer so there is no need to increase your qoute", 10,000 miles fully comp, 90 days cover abroad, 3rd party on any other bike, legal cover etc etc.... £136

When I told him how many miles I had done last year, he replied "happy days someone that use's their bike" to which I asked if it made any difference the mileage you do , he replied not really.

So I think it's down to who you insure with and what questions you ask them...... cheers Spud  :wink:

Chris Canning

I can't think of any circumstance I'd put a claim in for my Tiger,there are so many spares on ebay way to much hassle getting involved with insurance.

In fact it was funny talking to CN last year and explaining my Tiger was in bits because I'd fallen off it,do you have a claim off me I asked e'rrr no he says,I run 3 bikes for 70 quid more than Spud pays for his Tiger,the only time I've had to get serious is with my K1200  :(

John Stenhouse

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Carol Nash is just a broker,they deal with all sorts of insurance companies,and use all sorts of contractors to do the work for them,but thats as much to do with outside contractor and anyone else,if you don't sign the work off they don't get paid,when the insurance process has started it a fair old food chain,contractor or repairer/CN/Insurance company.

As you've found out,it's the contractor that makes the difference,next time your bike could just as easyly go some were else.

That's not quite the case any more. Carole Nash are owned by Groupama Insurance now and as such sell mostly their own products
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

Well if it is,it's after june this year cuz it sure as hell wasn't then.

John Stenhouse

Sorry Chris, has been for at least a year. They offered me a deal on last years insurance renewal to put car and bike on the same policy. Only way they could do it was because they were offering a policy from Groupama.

What was special about them I asked, we're owned by them the reply!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

I'm insured with Aviva,CN are just the broker.