News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

GoPro vid of a commute to the future in-laws...

Started by Danny955i, August 17, 2011, 08:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny955i

Took the 955i out with my new toy :) GoPro 960HD.

Came out good, but the lens fogged a little.. kinda humid that day and I opened the case outside... oops.

Chris Canning

Two questions with video's

Why do people dub music on,it's a mad rush for the mute button

What do double yellow lines in the States stand for ?

Mustang

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Two questions with video's

Why do people dub music on,it's a mad rush for the mute button

What do double yellow lines in the States stand for ?

Double yellows mean No Passing .............. :shock:  :ImaPoser

I call Bull shit on the time though ......It's obviously a play on words to the length of the video..............Athol to Townsend is 36 miles
to do that in 3 min 55 seconds you would need to be traveling at approximately 540 mph . It's only a tiger for christ sake
and at the speeds he was traveling on those congested roads he's just begging to be a statistic . ever see what bike and rider look like when t- boning a car at 90 mph .....it aint a race track speedy..................... .

Lasboss

In Poland, the yellow lines are painted, for example, temporarily during the renovation of the road. In other European countries (eg Croatia) play the same role as white (which may be more visible?)

Chris Canning

We get double white lines over here as well for no overtaking.

The music also hide how hard the engine is being worked or not as the case maybe  :wink:

Danny955i

Hey now... did you see the RPM? When it gets "worked" you can hear it.

Double lines in the states mean no passing... which only happened once. So cool your jets.

Mustang

Quote from: "Danny955i"Hey now... did you see the RPM? When it gets "worked" you can hear it.

Double lines in the states mean no passing... which only happened once. So cool your jets.
Oh really ?I saw two illegal passes :wink:

metalguru

Hey Dan see the tune is working well!!!

Who is the band by the way, they sound good.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Big Mick

Great vid Danny ! Ditto on the band.
97 Steamer, Caspian Blue.
Girly wheels, Venom Exhausts, Corbin Seat,
Powerbronze Touring Screen, Triumph span adjustable levers.

Brooks Short

GoPro makes a nice chest mount which is a much better POV than from the top of the helmet.
One Less Car

Dred

Danny, you ride like a fighter pilot.  The Tiger begs to be ridden this way.  I like the vid ad the tunes.  Thanks for sharing.

I like the top of helmet POV.  The sight line is much more satisfying than a chest mount ... IMO.  Chest mount can be downright hard to watch whe your knee dragging corners 'cause the field of view where you are going is limited and all the critters and unpredictable cages feel like they're gonna jump in without eough time for reaction.  In other words, the chest mount can give the impression that you are a statistic waiting to happen.  A helmet POV can also give this impression, but it is a much more accurate predictor.

Have fun with the cam.  

I gotta wonder ... any precedent for wreckless tickets being issued to cages based on video evidencye.  The roads would be much safer if I could get justice by emailing evidence to LEOs.  Heck o the 10 minute ride from work yesterday I could have issued two tickets to idiots that figured I didn't need the lane I was claiming - passed one on the right shoulder and made room for the other pacing her driver's window until she looked over from an overly animated telephoe conversation with enough surprise to nearly lose it.  I was all about sharing, but she truly had no idea that I was occupyig the space she invaded and had decided not to simply yeild my right of way.