News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Where can i get my 24000 mile service done cheaply!!

Started by mark2jag, October 16, 2011, 04:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark2jag

Hello . Right I'm new to this forum and this would  be my first post.
I have heard some  horror stories about how much it is to  service a Tiger 955I when it gets to 24000 miles. Mine is now on 22000 and I'd like to  know if anyone on here knows of an independent that can do it cheaper than the local quote of (YOU REALLY WONT BELEIVE THIS!!)...... £550.

I'm in Camberley in Surrey (Yes UK) and i  have looked on google but in this particular case Google is not my friend as there is no one listed....

Any replies to: mailto:markdarke@hotmail.com">markdarke@hotmail.com.

Help!!!!!!

KuzzinKenny

Hey mark2jag !! Welcome to TT.com  :occasion14

you should be able to do most of the service yerself !!

http://www.triumph.co.uk/media/enTiger9 ... nwards.pdf

if not, tick off the things you've done and get the stealer erm Dealer to do the rest, that should bring the bill down a bit !!

have fun !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Tigertriple

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"Hey mark2jag !! Welcome to TT.com  :occasion14

if not, tick off the things you've done and get the stealer erm Dealer to do the rest, that should bring the bill down a bit !!

have fun !!

KK

:iagree
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

TigerTrax

The only thing Triumph requires is to keep receipts of what you buy or service done.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Mustang

Quote from: "TigerTrax"The only thing Triumph requires is to keep receipts of what you buy or service done.
doesn't much matter anymore the warranty is already gone by now ......

mark2jag

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"Hey mark2jag !! Welcome to TT.com  :occasion14

have fun !!

KK
I have all the mechanical aptitude of a spider so NO i cant do it all myself, plus I have almost no tools. If there are no independents round my area if its such an easy job may i impose on someone to help me  and i will keep you topped up with beer/tea/coffee/pizza etc etc plus happy to buy all the service items. A bit of a bloody cheek for a newby but I THINK it Needs a service..

I'm incredibly impressed that someone actually took time out to reply to my request..... Long may it continue............

Cheers , Mark

metalguru

I am in Kent so not too far away and if you get stuck can carry out service for you for a lot less than the stealer, you are just required to get the bits required (can be bought on-line) and come over. Need a good day as never hurry nowadays!!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

HockleyBoy

Try these people,

http://www.tri-moto.co.uk/

they have done my servicing (are triumph mechanics) and do an excellent job for a much better price than the main dealers.

My tiger is just about to go in to them for a major service at 50k miles.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Loops

If you don't mind a run to the south coast give Clive Woods a ring on 07752 477738 he works from home.

He's very welll experienced with the Hinkley triples.  Has all the right kit to check the electronics etc.

Based in Bognor Regis about an hour from you.  Last major service on my 885i was less that half price of a stealer.

He's a real perfectionist.

Used to enduro a steamer too.

If you do contact him mention you were recommended by Lewis on Hayling Island [might help my bill next time I see him :) ]

I used to work in Camberley (Toshiba) but I can't think of anyone that way I'd actually recommend.  Although I always used Normandy Motorcycles for MOTs.

Cheers

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)