News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SSSShhhhh, I cant hear my bike.

Started by NZDeano, November 17, 2011, 04:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZDeano

Wow, this little 955 I just got (see my other new thread) is so quiet with the standard exhaust and emmision controls.
I imagine it is just like my Scrambler and if you put a different can on, a K&N filter and then a dyno tune etc that you could get a lot more ponies going. Is this correct??? What are my options here guy's ? Do Triumph do an off road pipe like they do for the scram?
Your comments are really appreciated as I feel isolated out here and not a lot of info available.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Sin_Tiger

Time to start reading Couzi Bro  8)  otherwise you'll have Mustang poking you with a search button  :shock:

Congratulations  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

NZDeano

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Time to start reading Couzi Bro  8)  otherwise you'll have Mustang poking you with a search button  :shock:

Congratulations  :wink:

OK got it!!!! Just being a lazy bastard. Will hit that search button. Thanxs.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Tigertriple

Welcome to Tigertriple.

I see you have a BSA M20. That brings back great memories for me. Back in the 70s a mate of mine had one and it was a big part of my introduction to bikes.

My mate built a custom B33 and we ended up using the M20 as a rat bike. I can still remember using the decompressor to get the piston over top dead centre before kick starting it. Riding the M20 off road was great fun and a brilliant learning experience.

It would be great to see pics of your M20  8)
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

cosmo

Quote from: "Tigertriple"Riding the M20 off road was great fun and a brilliant learning experience.

It would be great to see pics of your M20  8)

I, too, have a mate with a couple M20s. And I have ridden them both, with and without sidecar. Now: what the HELL did you learn by riding these pigs offroad?? Never to do THAT again??

Cheers,
Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Tigertriple

Quote from: "Cosmo"I, too, have a mate with a couple M20s. And I have ridden them both, with and without sidecar. Now: what the HELL did you learn by riding these pigs offroad?? Never to do THAT again??

Cheers,
Cosmo

What did I learn ? Firstly, try not to fall off and secondly, if you can ride one of these off road you can pretty much ride anything  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: great fun as a teenager, not so sure I would try it again now.

NZDeano

Quote from: "Tigertriple"
Quote from: "Cosmo"I, too, have a mate with a couple M20s. And I have ridden them both, with and without sidecar. Now: what the HELL did you learn by riding these pigs offroad?? Never to do THAT again??

Cheers,
Cosmo

What did I learn ? Firstly, try not to fall off and secondly, if you can ride one of these off road you can pretty much ride anything  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: great fun as a teenager, not so sure I would try it again now.

Funny you guys should mention this. When I got the M20 it had been set up as a trials machine. With the heavy flywheel and spark retard lever you can get these bikes to crawl over and climb almost anything. Anyway after much fun riding it up mountains and through creeks etc, I have put it back into road going form. It is in a few bits being done up at the moment and I will remember to post some photos. The army used the M20 to train all their riders on as it is virtually unbustable. Slowest accelerating 500cc ever made.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Tigertriple

Sin_Tiger

Used to marshall at trials events in my teens and lusted after Bultaco's of the day. An old hand told me the same "master an M20 first son" he wasn't wrong. His name was Sammy Miller by the way  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

NZDeano

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Used to marshall at trials events in my teens and lusted after Bultaco's of the day. An old hand told me the same "master an M20 first son" he wasn't wrong. His name was Sammy Miller by the way  :wink:

That's friggin awesome mate. I purchased my M20 from an old family friend, an amazing man who knows bikes like no-one else I know. When I went to collect my M20 he had a large pile of logs and poles lying in the back yard and told me to climb the bike over the pile. Now you know I couldn't. Well old Bazz at 78 made it look like a doodle in the park. He would just slide it around on the big old bash plate and the engine would be idling so slow it sounded like it would stall. To acheive this he had made an amazing large over-sprocket attached to the inner. Very cool it all was.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400