News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bafflectomy

Started by NZDeano, November 18, 2011, 06:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZDeano

Has anyone done a bafflectomy on a standard 955 exhaust? I know that on the newbonnevilleriders website lots of people have done this to their bonneville pipes to save money.
The idea is, remove the baffles and get a better sound.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Mustang

remember that "search button"............ :roll:

this will get you started , took all of 2 seconds to find it  :D

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... haust+mods

NZDeano

Quote from: "Mustang"remember that "search button"............ :roll:

this will get you started , took all of 2 seconds to find it  :D

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... haust+mods

Again, sorry for being lazy dude. I had actually been searching but obviously been asking the wrong questions.
I havent got a tune boy and cant see myself going down that route until I have owned this bike for awhile. When I look at all the ECU info posted my head whirls. I'm no dummy, and know that once I had the tool in my hand I would suss it out. I was hoping that I could make a simple modification to my standard can to get a deeper sound without having to go down the tune up line. I live in a remote location and can't easily pop into a workshop to get it dyno tuned. When I purchased my scrambler the standard cans sounded like a sowing machine, and the dealer had installed the TORs, without any changes, but it is a carby model.
So there is no easy solution or have I read it wrong.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Bixxer Bob

Read up on Tune ECU here:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,8852

You can download the software and have a look at it without touching the bike.

Next, order a cable to connect to your bike.  It all sounds a bit daunting but it's not, honest.

Then, I'd fit an aftermarket can or at least track down a spare original.  Now you can butcher your original, or the spare if you like, or fit the aftermarket can and see how it runs.  

If it runs ok, great, if not you can blow in the TOR tune for free yourself and try that.  If all else fails, you can go back to your original tune and pipe and you'll have lost nothing but gained some knowledge.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NZDeano

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Read up on Tune ECU here:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,8852

You can download the software and have a look at it without touching the bike.

Next, order a cable to connect to your bike.  It all sounds a bit daunting but it's not, honest.

Then, I'd fit an aftermarket can or at least track down a spare original.  Now you can butcher your original, or the spare if you like, or fit the aftermarket can and see how it runs.  

If it runs ok, great, if not you can blow in the TOR tune for free yourself and try that.  If all else fails, you can go back to your original tune and pipe and you'll have lost nothing but gained some knowledge.

Dude, that is the best bit of straight forward understandable info. Thankyou so much.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Bixxer Bob

:wink:  :oops:          

Even if it runs rough on the TOR tune, with Tune ECU we have ways of fixing that. I mainly use Tuneboy because I bought it before TuneECU came along for free and I consider it a superior tool (well, after parting with a lot ofdosh for Tuneboy I would, wouldn't I?) Anyway, Metalguru has written some excellent work on TuneECU so we have, as they say, the technology!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...