News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SW-Motech Racks question

Started by topher0268, February 17, 2012, 10:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topher0268

Looking at purchasing these for their stealth appearance when the panniers are disconnected. However, I plan either building my own aluminum panniers OR using 20mm ammo cases.

My question is this, since you have to order an adapter kit to go with your panniers, anybody know which one would be correct? I'm guessing it would be the Hepco Becker Aluminum case adapter to fit just about any can but I'm looking for some confirmation from someone that's done this ...

Any one have any idea what adapter kit would work?
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

topher0268

I didn't realize the kit comes with the detachable plate and the "adapter" hit helps you simulate the original mounting system (i.e. the the tab style lock on the Givi bags). It appears the adapter kit lets you use the original bag mounts to connect and remove the mounting plate WITHOUT modifying the pannier.

I'll be drilling and permanently mounting so adapter not necessary  :wink:
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

Mustang

Quote from: "topher0268"However, I plan either building my own aluminum panniers OR using 20mm ammo cases.

the 20mm ammo cans are way too heavy . ......you will max out the load capacity of the racks before you even put anything in the cans .

they also make a light front wheel even lighter , :cry:  :shock:

TigerT

I have the Motech fixings and use with these panniers, sam fitting as Givi monokey but a lot cheaper
http://www.getgeared.co.uk/MOTO-DETAIL_ ... tegory=205
Great kit
2003 Girly
1999 DR350