News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

First thoughts

Started by TigerTastic, December 06, 2011, 01:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTastic

Can anyone tell me from this photo if the calipers are original Triumph ones please?

Am just thinking if they changed the wheel they may have changed the calipers too?

Thanks
Steamer in Black, totally standard.
ZZR1400 in Black, remapped at Hilltop.

Mustang

nope you'd  be wrong with that assumption ................

those are box stock calipers and rotors with a steamer  hub laced to an 18 inch rim

TigerTastic

Yay! Good news! Well, not bad news anyway!

Cheers Mustang, appreciated.

fishnbiker

Welcome to the group. You won't find a better source of information or inspiration to keep on top of this quirky beauty.

With an 18" front wheel, the speedo WILL read incorrectly more so than stock. You would be well advised to test ride with GPS recorded speeds to reset your understanding of your true velocity. I use a 21" rim that gives me actual speeds a little higher than noted by the dial ... have to be carefull.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Bob Tosi

QuoteYou won't find a better source of information or inspiration to keep on top of this quirky beauty.

Boy is that an understatement! :BangHead  :ImaPoser
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

TigerTastic

Hey guys

Thanks for the speedo info - hadn't occurred to me at all. I have a TomTom Rider I can stick on it to give me the real speed so that's definitely on the To do list.

This site is fantastic for info and a real help, I'm sure it's going to be invaluable over the next few months.

The Tiger's staying no matter what cos I love the whole way it looks and rides.

:D

Mustang

Quote from: "TigerTastic"The Tiger's staying no matter what cos I love the whole way it looks and rides.

:D
:hello2  :eusa_clap  :eusa_dance