News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone experimented with LED brake light?

Started by BigDan, December 17, 2011, 01:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDan

Another petty question, was just wondering if anyone else had an LED brake light?

I find the Tiger one to be not as bright as it could be, so I'm either gonna buy some of them LED bulbs that fit standard, or build my own LED board to fit inside.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Mustang

AK Tiger

I put a couple of 1157 replacement LED bulbs in my '05 Tiger 2 years ago.  Couldn't be happier!  They live and they seem to be as bright, if not brighter, than the original incandescent bulbs.  I just bought them off the internet; nothing special.
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

iansoady

I made a board (with veroboard) to fit in the high level position on my top box. Careful use of diodes and relays makes it work as a high intensity fog light as well.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

TigerTrax

Word of caution....
You use a bulb that broadcast light out the back and all sides.

If you have RED lens, use a RED color bulb. If you have a clear lens, use a RED bulb.  Also... if you go to turn signals use a special LED flasher and AMBER bulbs.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

mikeybikey57

Noticed the same thing when I bought my tigger and after taking the lens off, I found out why. The reflector was a dull grey piece of plastic with all the reflecting prowess of dried mud!
Eventually sprayed it with some pretend chrome paint from my nearest DIY emporium.....job done. Now shines brighter than a very bright thing!
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

BigDan

I'll have to keep an eye out for you in Matlock the mikey! Cheers for the chroming tip.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook