News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1995 Tiger for parts in Houston Texas

Started by Zojirushi, October 19, 2011, 04:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zojirushi

Well, there are many ways a valve adjustment can go awry, but having someone break into your truck and steal the toolbox containing the cams is not generally anticipated.  :?

It leaves me with a 1995 Tiger with many new parts and no cams.  She has 30K on her, and I have done the following:

New airbox (brand new)
Cleaned and inspect carbs
New o-rings for all body work
New pickup sensor (brand new)
New thermostat (brand new)
New radiator cap (brand new)
She also has a Rich's custom seat
Changed all fluids

I have her title, but mostly need to get rid of her.  She ran great, but I have too other bikes and not enough time.  I was getting her ready for a tour so had gone through and adjusted, cleaned, lubricated pretty much everything.  I put dielectric grease on every electric junction.  I lubed the chassis.  I removed, cleaned, waxed, and polished the entire body.

My loss is your gain.  I think $800 is more than fair, but let's talk.  I need her gone and would like someone who wants to get her back on the road to have her.  

Regards,

Aaron

Mustang

post some pictures of the bike ........photos will help the sale

yetiman

pinner

I have a contact with some cams.off a 95.  Cheap.  I can send you the contact info if you like. Cheers Kevin
"The path to righteousness and wisdom is as narrow and difficult to walk as the razor\'s edge."

Zojirushi

Picture added.  She is disassembled to the point needed for a valve adjustment.  I have used cleaner wax on the body and it looks very good.  The red is much deeper than when purchased (as pictured).  I also did some small things like change the instrument lights to LEDs.

As far as racks and bags:  I have brand new, mounted but unused givi top rack and triumph branded givi side racks along with brand new caribou cases in 36L.  I paid $500 for the cases and a couple hundred for the racks.  

I'll take $600 obo for the racks and bags, or we can work on parting it out.  I am pretty busy right now but will try to get pics asap.  Appreciate the offer for new cams, but I just don't have time.  I have another bike that needs to be reassembled.

Mustang

Quote from: "Zojirushi"As far as racks and bags:  I have brand new, mounted but unused givi top rack and triumph branded givi side racks along with brand new caribou cases in 36L.  I paid $500 for the cases and a couple hundred for the racks.  

I'll take $600 obo for everything, or we can work on parting it out.
thats 600 for the racks and cases right ? and 800 for the bike ............cuz in your post it could be misleading , thinking that I could score a 95 tiger minus cams and a new set of racks and bags all for 600 bucks , cuz if it's 600 for racks bags and tiger, I'm hooking up the trailer right now  :D

Zojirushi

Sin_Tiger

Sad but a real bargain for someone who knows the value of it, surprised you felt the need to do the cams at that milage.

Nice looking Steamer.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Sad but a real bargain for someone who knows the value of it, surprised you felt the need to do the cams at that milage.

Nice looking Steamer.

no no no
he pulled the cams to shim some valves and  the cams were in his tool box that got stolen

Quote from: "Zojirushi"Well, there are many ways a valve adjustment can go awry, but having someone break into your truck and steal the toolbox containing the cams is not generally anticipated.  :?

you fail at reading skills  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

Sin_Tiger

:oops:  big time. I'm better with a hammer in my hand  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

19dajudge

Sent you a pm regarding the bike and givi bags

Bob Tosi

Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"