News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I am so screwed!!

Started by atokad, February 26, 2012, 04:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atokad

I weigh in at 230 and had no idea what all the fuss was about "tuned" suspensions until I bought a KTM EXC 450 about three years ago from a guy who desert raced it.  He had the suspension dialed-in to his weight which was the same as mine.

OMG!  What a suspension. NOW I get it. But, hey, that's a KTM with cartridge forks and it's meant to have an awesome suspension to begin with.  The Tiger, well it's a stock production bike....no hope it could ever be like the KTM.

So I have just ridden my Tiger with my front forks re-done.  Race Tech Gold Valve emulators and new Race Tech HD springs.  WOW!  I now aim for the potholes instead of avoiding them.  I did a 2 ft high wheelie and when the front end came down, if felt like it landed on a marshmallow!!  :D

I AM SO SCREWED, because I know know how pathetic my rear shock really is.

Calling Sasquatch....and my banker. :shock:

Cos

:lol:

I had the same revelation this week after putting in a Wilbers at the back.

I've had thoughts of fixing the front for the last 3 days.

How much did the springs and emulators cost if you don't mind my asking?

atokad

Quote from: "Cos":lol:

I had the same revelation this week after putting in a Wilbers at the back.

I've had thoughts of fixing the front for the last 3 days.

How much did the springs and emulators cost if you don't mind my asking?

I paid a local guy to do my work. The total bill included $160 in labor, and that was with me removing the forks.  That part was easy and fun and I did the dash lights in LED while the front end was apart.  Well worth it for me as I didn't have all the proper tools for pulling the seals, vise to hold the forks etc. Plus he did his own calculations for the air gap, pre-load, and oil quantity based on my weight etc.

So total was $520 with tax.  I think he charged me List for the parts from Race Tech.  Emulators were like $170, HD springs were about $100. So that leaves the other $90 for tax, new inner bushings, oil, and seals.

Not cheap, but OMG, what a difference.  I have already priced a Hyperpro through Sasquatch and probably will be ordering it in the next month as the rear shock, really, is incredibly worth less to me now.   :?

Cos

I'll be checking those out at some point. Went out on a good run today and the bike's behaviour with the Wilbers is night and day. Tim and Chris told me how different it would feel but I couldn't believe how much better I could swing the big girl around and how unflappable the rear end felt in all sorts of different surfaces ranging from really fast sweepers to tight tight twisty forest roads.

I need to write Tim an email thanking him for taking my money  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

cosmo

Me broke. Going back to a rigid w/ a girder.

M20!!!!

At least it'll let me lose weight, whilst I try starting the bastid.

Probably should go to bed now...

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.