News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

high mount front mudgaurds for a 98 Steamer?

Started by cr8297, March 16, 2012, 05:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr8297

Has anyone got info on high mount front mudgaurds for a 98 Steamer?
98 Steamer Living with us in our Barn. I will get it fixed one day. 02 F650GS Dakar works always

Mustang

you need to be craftey and make your own ..................
a front frender for a CRF 450 Honda works very well

then you need to make a bracket to bolt to the fender and then with two m6 bolts you can bolt the bracket to the bottom of the triple tree in the two existing threaded holes that are there . you will also need a couple of spacers to hold the bracket down about a inch from the bottom of the triple tree .

like this

cr8297

Thanks Mustang I will give her a go.
98 Steamer Living with us in our Barn. I will get it fixed one day. 02 F650GS Dakar works always

aeronca

i built this one a few years back. you will need atleast 2" spacers for proper clearance http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... igh+fender
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

97tiger885

Quote from: "cr8297"Has anyone got info on high mount front mudgaurds for a 98 Steamer?

I did a high/low combination.  I cut off the front of the stock fender for the low.  (This fender is about US$130 to replace.) I added an extender which is not pictured here. This protects the front of the engine.  Then I bought a cheap used plastic fender and mounted it under the bottom yoke.  The only tools I have to make brackets is a hammer, a hacksaw, a powered handdrill and a 4 1/2" benchmounted vise.  I have to make small pieces that bolt together.  My brackets are crude but effective.

Sin_Tiger

Was considering similar myself, you've convinced me, looks tidy.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Was considering similar myself, you've convinced me, looks tidy.

I have a spare original front mudguard if you want one to cut up  :D

Sin_Tiger

Cheers but only if it's ratty one, would hate to deprive someone of a decent mud guard when they really need it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

97tiger885

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Was considering similar myself, you've convinced me, looks tidy.

It looks even better if you paint the low fender black.