News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Gas tank is still pressurizing

Started by Alan Spears, June 26, 2012, 03:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Spears

My gas tank is pressurizing. It has been suggested to "drill" the vent hole. I have cleared what I believe to be the vent (two metal fittings on the bottom left of the tank), but still the tank is pressurizing especially when in the sun.

any help?

PeteH

Ok, this has been up all day with no replies, Im hoping its not a piss take :shock:

Remove seat...remove both left hand side panels...you should now see the drain pipes...carefully and I mean carefully slip the tubes from the ally fittings and check with a pin to see if clear...if blocked a small drill will be needed, best turned by hand.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Alan Spears

still building pressure

Alan Spears

has anyone else had this problem? what did you do to fix?

kiwijohn

You need to be sure the lines are clear all the way down. I used some compressed air (air duster) to blow down from the tank. Make sure air is coming out the end.

I had to use a drill bit to clear the water drain.
Somerset, UK

Alan Spears

Quote from: "kiwijohn"You need to be sure the lines are clear all the way down. I used some compressed air (air duster) to blow down from the tank. Make sure air is coming out the end.

I had to use a drill bit to clear the water drain.

Where do you blow the air? Could I blow air up the drain hose? There are two hose on the bottom left of my tank, one has some sort of check valve looking thing.

PeteH

On mine there are two vents, one for filler cap drain which glogs  and the other for the tank which has been ok so far, no valves on mine.
Try blowing up both rubber drain pipes, if blocked try drilling again or theading some wire up it.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

kiwijohn

You could blow from the top. I dont have any valves either. I would put a rag or something over the tank opening to stop any crap going in there when you do it.
Somerset, UK