News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Spring "Stuff" starts off on wrong foot....

Started by Putts255, April 29, 2012, 08:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Putts255

Bummer of a day yesterday.  Started out well, beautiful day, had all my farkles and tools necessary to start my spring "stuff" except I could not find my Service Manual.  Matter of fact after many hours I am still unable to find it.

Well, I can take the tank off and change the plugs etc no problem.  Accomplished.  

Left some gas in the tank to do the throttle body balance.  All was good until I hooked up the hose to the tank that I have positioned next to the bike.  Crack goes the tank gas fitting.  With little to no pressure.  I guess I was going to replace them after I did the throttle body balance anyway, just would have been nice to have emptied the gas tank before hand.  Needless to say gas/petrol all over the place....not pretty and I was not in a happy place.  

Got the metal fuel fittings some time ago so was prepared.  Used the large flat blade screwdriver, they came right out.  no visible crumbs or pieces from my efforts.  Installed the metal ones and am now ready to do the throttle body balance.  Wish I could find my manual though, so frustrating.  

Here is hoping I have a better day!!  The plugs I took out looked real nice.   Which has me a little concerned as when I drained my oil for the oil change I could smell gas/petrol, just a faint smell.  Could be because the bike sat for the last 5½ months in the garage too.  The bikes only has 7,500 miles on it so I am hoping it is not a gasket.  

Cheers!
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

Putts255

Well I wrecked one of o-rings when I put the gas lines back into the tank, more gas on the floor, hate the smell of gas on my hands.  

Oh well managed to get the throttle bodies balanced.  installed the heated grips, and making a mounting plate for the Bad Boy air horn I will be installing.  

Need to do some reading on wiring the grips and the air horn and get it done.  Will also do the voltage bypass as well.
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

Bixxer Bob

With your current luck and about to tackle electrics, I'd have a fire extinguisher ready..... :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...