News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

just wish i never started

Started by rybes, April 23, 2012, 07:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

got a funny little knock at the front of me bike so as the sun was out today i thought id go have a look.
grabbed the front wheel n it seems the head bearins loose. so i decide to take everythin off t get to the nut to nip it up a bit. once id got the bodywork n tank off i noticed somthin was wrong with a carb rubber. was bulgin n looked odd so i thought id jus check it. couldnt do it easily so carbs gotta come out. so thats the rest of the bodywork off and carbs out.
when i got the carbs out i noticed it leaks petrol from a float bowl, so i thought id check. turns out it needs new float bowl gaskets. to late to get em today so i have t get em 1st thing.
so i thought id check the head bearin n tighten that up. i cant turns out the nuts as tight as i can get it.
so today my little wonderin of a clunk was has cost me around 50 quid.
and i still havnt looked at the carb rubber properly yet so im probly gunna need one of them too bloody sunny weather, i hate it  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Love being a Tiger owner eh?  :lol:

Bixxer Bob

You might find that the head bearing adjuster being done up tight is why it failed in the first place. :roll:

New bearings as well then? :? Great fun :lol:

Search on here for how to get the inner race off the stem.  I think it was Mustang posted an How to....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Not calling you stupid, but, you know there are 2 nuts on top of the bearing?
Top one is a lock nut, i know of some people who think there`s only one nut, and wonder why it won`t come off
 :lol:

Just saying......................
Although i`d think you knew that already  :)

rybes

theres 2 nuts  :shock:

:roll:  :lol:

yeah i know theres 2 as i loosened off the top nut all the way up to the yoke to try and tighten the bottom one. took me 10 minutes to work out why i couldnt get the yoke down again tho  :?  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"theres 2 nuts  :shock:

:roll:  :lol:

yeah i know theres 2 as i loosened off the top nut all the way up to the yoke to try and tighten the bottom one. took me 10 minutes to work out why i couldnt get the yoke down again tho  :?  :lol:

:lol:

Thought i`d just mention it just in case