News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

carb help.

Started by rybes, March 31, 2012, 12:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Heard good reviews about these people.
You might have to ring them as web site not ready

http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/index.html

rybes

nice one cheers rf. i forgot about that lot. as for it not bein finsihed, its ben like that for years. ill give em a ring next week n see what they say
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Yup, i`m sure i used them for carb bits for my YZF750 i had, they know there stuff.

rybes

well i think i may have sussed the problem. its the carb float seals im guessin are leakin. and i would have to find out now. half hour earlier i couldve gone to get em. they shut in an hour gunna take longer than that to get there. so itll have to wait till tmora  :cry:

rybes

new carb seals fitted. so now its jus a case of see what happens. while i was there i thought id take a look at the plugs and was surprised too see they were a light clayey colour.  i thought it was runnin rich as it pops out the exhaust. then again that might be cos of the zorst i got on it now.
checked the needles too. they got quite a few shiney spots. one needle almost looks polished.
now i jus need to sort out the misfire at 7000 rpm  :?:

rf9rider

Must be the Venoms as mine pops too on the over run.
Hopefully thats the carbs sorted then  :)

rybes

hopefully mate  :D  i didnt take em apart to check the needles and jets cos i didnt wanna see more money to spend than i got so ive left that for another day  :lol: