News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

So very nearly......

Started by mikeybikey57, July 29, 2012, 12:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeybikey57

Those of you that have been reading my recent rantings about the  incompetence of my local Triumph Dealership in getting my Tigger running properly, will know that i've been somewhat dissillusioned since.

Wanting to rid myself of this feeling, I went out on a mission to try other bikes out, with a view to possibly replacing the Tigger. I ended up taking a Kawasaki Versys 1000 out for a three hour blat around the Derbyshire Peak Park. Suffice to say that I was immensely impressed with it, in so many ways.

However, despite it's all round brilliance, it was utterly soulless and lacking in character...........a bit like riding a very fast, competent and capable domestic appliance. This was further reinforced when I got back onto my Tigger and rode home, the very long way. The Tigger just felt better, rode beautifully and without being hurried and frenetic. It just made me smile the whole time.

I must admit that I wanted to be impressed by the Versys but it just couldn't do it. It was better than the Tigger in some ways but very much less so in others. It certainly wasn't £5,500 worth of better, which it would have cost me to swap.

I'm now 'back in the fold' as far as the Tigger is concerned and plan to take up the very kind offer of assistance in getting her running properly. All being well, I'll also look for a half decent used laptop, as my daughter won't let me "borrow" hers and just learn how to do it myself. :roll:
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

Chris Canning

I'd test ride e'm all,never mind the money at least you'll have some idea were your going,every manafacturer has a different angle,I had my very first GS rider two up with gear show me what his bike could do climbing up towards the Petite st Bernard in the Alps a few weeks it was interesting to see how they both behaved.

I'd certainley ride a GS/1300 Tiger/and Multi,never mind if their on your list or not,just so you can cover all the angles and then spend time stewing over it,that costs nothing.

As for the Japanese thing,took me 30 years to get fed with them,and having not ridden a Jap bike for over 10 years,even my XT660 was an eye opener,bland they are,but jeeze they work well.

Cos

Try a Multistrada and then tell me how you feel. I love my Tiger but if i had that kind of money...man oh man.