News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

next mod ?

Started by rybes, June 14, 2012, 06:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

i was just thinkin, after fittin my tiger with uprated springs and rebuilt rear shock, motad exhaust, sprint carbs and a set of 3 spokes to be fitted as soon as ive robbed....i mean, earnt some money. there cant be very many more things to mod on it ?
i know the next on the list would be engine but apart from a bit more bottom end that would be nice, im more than happy with what i got.
so that only leaves one thing i can think of, the bodywork. has anyone ever thought about fittin say a 1050s bodywork onto a steamer ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

theclowncrusty

Hi Rybes, bit off topic but here goes. What are the uprated springs you mention? I have done the mod to add two inch spacers into the fork tubes to give more preload, but to be fair the front end is still shite. Got a tow bar fitted the other week and trailer, (pics to follow as working on the house to get ready for sale.) going to upgrade the subframe this weekend as per Mustangs photos then the welder can go to the new house and clear the garage up. Going to get a new Hyper Pro shock for the back later or next year when funds are more available, £650 built to my weight spec with remote pre-load adjustment. Not sure if this is good or bad as i have not checked anyone else yet. Three spoke mod in the pipeline but funds are short at the moment.... :(
Crusty