News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Super Noob questions

Started by andmoon, June 26, 2012, 04:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andmoon

Hiya all,

I just bought an 04 and have a load of questions.  I got the black one as throughout this forum it is repeatedly mentioned they are the fastest.

It appears there is a tor tune people are loading themselves.  How are maps obtained and loaded onto the bike?

Are gold valves the only dampening upgrade for the forks?  Intiminators available?

I see different crashbars in pics but only swmotech ones available online.  Where is a good site to get all things Girly?

I saw a picture of a screen with what looks like maddstadd adjusters.  Is there a company making these?

How well do girlies crash?  I tend to fall a lot offroad....

Thanks,

Don

Mustang

Welcome to Tiger Ownership.........

start here http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5025

and then use the search button
most of your q's have been answered at least once already , some to death .

when you search be sure to tick the button for search all terms
it works better that way ................

enjoy

deepsouthtiger

Welcome and congrats on the fine new ride...weird I always thought the British Racing Green ones where the fastest???????  Oh well.
 Yes, Tiggers do like to "nap" now and again. Some good crash bars are well worth the $ if you are off roading much. Some sturdy hand guards would be a benefit as well.

MIne has "napped"  a couple times and the damage was minimal, replaced handguard once and turn signal once, both very low speed dump overs. Parts sourced of ebay very affordably.
THey are quite durable machines.

Mustang is steering you right with the link.

Cheers
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

JTT

Quote from: "andmoon"Hiya all,

I just bought an 04 and have a load of questions.  I got the black one as throughout this forum it is repeatedly mentioned they are the fastest.

It appears there is a tor tune people are loading themselves.  How are maps obtained and loaded onto the bike?

Are gold valves the only dampening upgrade for the forks?  Intiminators available?  

I see different crashbars in pics but only swmotech ones available online.  Where is a good site to get all things Girly?

I saw a picture of a screen with what looks like maddstadd adjusters.  Is there a company making these?

How well do girlies crash?  I tend to fall a lot offroad....

Thanks,

Don

Tune ECU for mapping and reading diagnostics. You have to buy a cable to mate laptop to ECU...eBay

Intimidators

Crashbars  Don't know if there are any distributors of these in NA, but these guys in the UK are easy to work with and ship quickly.

I believe you may be referring to the Palmer windscreen system Palmer
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

NZDeano

I got crashbars through "Touratech" they seem to be a worldwide company that ships everwhere hopefully. They also stock heaps of other tiger upgrades.
Twisted throttle.com is another. British Customs is another.

I just typed in "Triumph Tiger 955i aftermarket parts' and go from there.

Welcome to the world of Tigers. They are good solid dependable bikes it seems, especially once you get them set up. All the info you need is on this forum if you search.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

andmoon

Thanks fellas.
I am almost done reading ALL threads on girlies here!  :shock: