News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What did I do to piss you off this time baaaaaby!

Started by Milton, July 13, 2012, 09:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milton

Got the Tiger back on the road again, and made the Keihin carb modifications that are recommended on this site. Bored out the main jets to 105 and shimmed up the needles with two flat washers that mic together about .04. My mileage has gone to heck and you can definitely tell that it is running too rich as it stutters and burbles between 1500 and 4000 rpm but once 4000 rpm hits it takes off and I couldn't be happier with its performance, never ran this good  as long as its over 4000.

Mileage used to average about 45-48 mpg and if I rode at 55 it would get 55 mpg.

What might I have screwed up? My intake clearances were dead on when I buttoned her back up.

Thanks for any and all help.

Milton S.
1992 BMW K100RS 4V 49K Broken but not dead. She shall arise from the ashes!

1998 Triumph Tiger. This bike rocks!

Mustang

turn the pilot air screws in so that they are around 1 1/2 tuns from closed .

take out both washers on the needles .
it should behave better in the low end rpms .
is the air filter clean ?

Milton

Thanks Mustang,

I opened the pilots up 2 1/4 turns. I'll close them up some and take out the washers, when I've got some more time. Putting it back together I think I twisted loose one of the captive tank nuts so I'll have to deal with that too.

Air cleaner was freshly cleaned.

Thanks,

Milton S.
1992 BMW K100RS 4V 49K Broken but not dead. She shall arise from the ashes!

1998 Triumph Tiger. This bike rocks!