News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Confirm my suspicions please

Started by amclel, July 31, 2012, 09:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amclel

Gents,
 Today i was adjusting the chain and stupidly! DOH, forgot to tighten the pinch bolts and sat on it. Tightened the chain again and went for a couple hundred miles (sun came out in Scotland, rare occurrence i assure you) When i got home went to put bike on main stand and struggled and the back wheel is now several inches off the ground where before it was almost touching the ground. Have the eccentric adjusters revolved 180 deg? Never really noticed where they sat before............I know i know, throw all the abuse i am due, i can take it.
 your feedback/abuse is appreciated guys  :?
2000 Triumph Tiger - Jet Black

rf9rider

Sounds like the adjusters have turned 180 degrees.

The axle should be towards the bottom of the adjusters.  :)

Sin_Tiger

Confirmed, you're suspicious  :lol:

+1 if the axle is at the top, you got it wrong, I'd be surprised if they both ended up in exactly the same position by chance  :shock:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

amclel

Cheers Gents,
 Thought so, thats what i get for not taking my time and paying attention  :oops:
2000 Triumph Tiger - Jet Black