News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Leaking

Started by Kill Switch, January 25, 2005, 02:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kill Switch

Minor cold leak again.  34 F overnight.  By the time I got to work (30 miles) leak had stopped.  Very strange.

Quote from: "Kill Switch"Minor cold leak again.  34 F overnight.  By the time I got to work (30 miles) leak had stopped.  Very strange.

Yeah! The cold makes me want to leak too. Though I usually go before a ride not during.

markdenv

My 05 leaked also when it got cold.  Found all of my hose clamps were loose.  Unfortunately you must remove the fuel tank to access the clamps.

Once clamps were tightened no more leaks.

Mark

abell

Most of the hose clamps on my 2005 were also loose - I have to lift the fuel tank also, I had a constant "couple of drips a day" coolant seep out of one of them.

They say the hose clamps "bed in" to the hoses over the first few months.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

Actually, there was a problem on early 955i Tigers with the hose clamps being too tight, which split the hoses. When I heard this, I loosened all mine off a turn. It would seem that Triumph have adjusted their torque settings too far the other way on later bikes.

Howlin

Was out in the garage this week and noticed a couple of drops off of radiator hose.Fired the bike up and let warm up fully then resnugged clamps.Seems to be a winter ritual
here in Iowa with the temps below zero at times.I will check all clamps and bolts for the first ride this spring along with normal 1st year ride.Gotta love the bonding with the Tiger.At least it's better than those ÎpuddlesÌ that were under my Buells!!!!