News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

me tigger so far

Started by Chad, July 28, 2012, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

so ive had me tiger a about 4months now thought a wee update on the farkling is in order :lol:

so this was the day of collection

first job was the chains and sprockets i went for a 19t font and std rear and the head races needed sorting too

front and rear calipers needed a complete overhaul too !

im happy with the way she feels at cruising speeds now  :)

then i obtained some HIDs for the headlights and some BIGmofoHID spots for the crash bars   :D

i had a remus revoluton sitting on the shelf in the garage so ordered a link pipe , man she sounds sweet  8)

a set of heated grips , palmer screen and voltmeter and a home made satnav mount and some Rox Risers from my GS  :D

i was after a corbin seat and was wondering if they were made of unobtainium :lol: but Chairhead came to the rescue so a few adjustments made to the topbox mount and comfort is assured :D

and mustangs footpegs arrived yesterday , that seat those pegs have transformed  the bike  :D

and not forgetting the mascot provided by my youngest :lol:

all i need now is to pick up a K+N filter buy a big box of chocolate biscuits , and pay metalguru a visit so he can work his magic on the tune   :D  8)

im really feeling the urge for a good long run now :D :lol:
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

Chris Canning

Having had an HID on my 1100s for years have never got off my backside to do the Tiger,which kit did you fit,and I assuming you went just for 2 mains.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Having had an HID on my 1100s for years have never got off my backside to do the Tiger,which kit did you fit,and I assuming you went just for 2 mains.

+1

Blackbird has HIDs but never got round to Tiggs
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chad

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Having had an HID on my 1100s for years have never got off my backside to do the Tiger,which kit did you fit,and I assuming you went just for 2 mains.

ive pm'd you the details of the guy i use :D

Chris Canning

delecti

bike is looking good love the risers touratech ones are 22mm how much rise do those give?
Illegal to fit HID in oz unless original equipment unfortuately
Mark
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?

Chris Canning

Quote from: "delecti"bike is looking good love the risers touratech ones are 22mm how much rise do those give?
Mark

It is in the UK as well,you've got a better chance of winning the lottery 3 weeks on the bounce than getting done for a non original HID.

Chad

Quote from: "delecti"bike is looking good love the risers touratech ones are 22mm how much rise do those give?
Mark

Rox risers give approx  50mm 2inchs of lift and allow you to push the bars back or forwards allowing you to find the best position for you . in short they are bloody ace :D

the ones im using have an anti vibration bush in them , but i would just go for the STD ones as i never noticed any difference between these and the std ones i had on another bike  :thumbsup

delecti

I havent heard of Rox before (nothing new), risers.  I have the pivot pegs on the tigger and not the mustang pegs so it is still a bit cramped when when standing up on them. It would make it easier to adjust back and forward the touratec units hit the screen or the tank without much effort.

how do they adjust for high and low beam?

mark
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?

chairhead

Looking good Chad,
Green is deffo the best colour :wink: [/img][/list]
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Chad

Quote from: "chairhead"Looking good Chad,
Green is deffo the best colour :wink: [/img][/list]

thanks for your help with the seat , its bang on the money :D

Chad

Quote from: "delecti"how do they adjust for high and low beam?

mark

what the HIDs ?

they have a reflector that throws forwards to re direct the light for Hi beam.