News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brake Switch

Started by pineygroveshop, July 21, 2012, 11:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineygroveshop

My brother's '06 955 Tiger's brake light is not coming on when the brake pedal is depressed. Continuity test of the switch is good. Jumping the two pins results in the light coming on. Voltage test shows @12VDC in and 1.5VDC out when the pedal is depressed. Replace the switch or bleed the system first? Or?
Cheers,
Stephen

iansoady

Almost certainly the switch IMO - although bleeding rarely is wasted effort.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

pineygroveshop

Bleeding didn't hurt, nor help either.
Cheers,
Stephen

Juan44

Any other ideas?  I am having the exact same issue.

Jon
Sunt Nobis Dracones Interficiendi

Juan44

When I stand on my back brake I get a slight illumination, but not bright like I do with the front brake.  Is there an adjustment that can be made to engage the light sooner?

Jon

Mustang

Quote from: "Juan44"When I stand on my back brake I get a slight illumination, but not bright like I do with the front brake.  Is there an adjustment that can be made to engage the light sooner?

Jon
need new sending switch for rear master cylinder

pineygroveshop

I also suspect that the issue is the switch.  I left my brother with the part number and have not heard back from him.
Cheers,
Stephen

Bixxer Bob

I've had two fail, one on the Tiger and one on my Trident.  Just replace it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Juan44

Bixxer,

Did you replace it yourself?  if so how difficult?  If not, how much did it cost to replace?

J

Bixxer Bob

If you can bleed brakes you can do this. It's a 2 spanner task.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...