News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

speedometer problems

Started by cd73, January 29, 2005, 08:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cd73

Hi all

Im writing to you from Sweden, where i have bought myself an -01 tiger. i have a problem with the kilometer counter. Every time the power is cut for an example when its in for service the odometer( if thats whats it called) sets itself to 4710km.

I havent read anything about this problems anywhere. So im wondering if anybody knows something about it., and can answer my questions:

should i buy a new one, where and what could it cost?

Is it possible to have it preprogrammed with the actuall milage of 12000km?

mvh//cd :shock:

Why worry? You've got a permanently low "mileage" bike!!

I'd say the best place to ask the questions is at your nearest Triumph dealer. It'll probably be a memory problem. I believe there's a memory chip which stores odometer and trip meter readings while the ignition is off. Whether it's replaceable on its own, I don't know.

cd73

THANK YOU  Blacktiger

If it is the memory chip, it stills work while the ignition is off,its when you take off the battery cord it resets itself to 4710.

And youre right, maybe i should talk to my nearest dealer. I just Wanted to hear what you guys had to say about it first.....cd

Dick Boyer

I had a similar problem on my 04. Check to see if the acc plug is working. If not, its probably only a fuse.

cd73

thank you for that D. boyer.  i will check  that

ridin gaijin

What was the mileage when you bought it, cd? Did anything change between then and now? (New accessories, etc.?)

Maybe Blacktiger's right. Maybe your bike's getting younger. If so, you can bottle it and sell me some... :wink:
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

cd73

hÀÜjt  Gaijin

i`ve just bought her, christmas day. have just ridden her around the block a snowfree day.  i know that he who i bought the beauty from putted on an aftermarket exhaust with a new firmware, there is also heated grips.  dont know if he putted them on.  ive got to ask him if the problem was there when he bought her. and she`s got double lights relay.

i`ve also got to ask, what is the acc plug.  is the 12v output?

i heard with my nearest dealer, he told me the odometer costs  330 euro, but he didn`t know if it was possible to get it preset to 12000 km

is it a good idea to buy it from some other country?