News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Carb pilot jet adjustment screw

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 16, 2013, 05:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I'm not sure if you need to adjust the pilot jet on Steamers while the carbs are on the bike, but I need to on the Starck which has roughly the same carb.  On Metalguru's advice I looked up a 90deg bevel drive screwdriver and found Carbtune - who we all know makes very good carb balancing tools - not only have a good quality tool, but they are also the cheapest and (at the time of writing)free UK shipping.

http://www.carbtune.co.uk/bevel.html

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

oooooooooo that looks like a toy i NEED  :thumbsup
i cant remeber where i saw em but a shop on the net i was lookin at once had screws with thumb wheels on em. have no idea tho where i see it tho which ius annoyin cos i wanted some.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: rybes on January 17, 2013, 08:46:12 AM
oooooooooo that looks like a toy i NEED  :thumbsup
i cant remeber where i saw em but a shop on the net i was lookin at once had screws with thumb wheels on em. have no idea tho where i see it tho which ius annoyin cos i wanted some.

You can always borrow mine, and it's an excuse to come over for a coffee.

Screws with thubwheels...... now there's an idea for a modification.  We'll need four needle screws,some brass rod, a small drill, lathe, brazing torch and silver solder.  And a Steamer.  Only thing I haven't got is the steamer.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

well....................tickets booked to come back on the 2nd of feb.  :thumbsup see ya soon mate  :notworthy
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

BruKen

Yayyy, they let me back on the forum.  :eusa_clap
I forgot my username  :doubt :5huh
Definitely going to have to add that tool to my collection. What a PITA it has been in the past trying to fine tune the carbs while the engine slowly roasts your knuckles. As a rule, outer two carbs get done nicely. Middle carbs I sort of rush through on a wing and an oath while the kids scarper and hide.

Bixxer Bob

Bixxer Bob

It arrived today; quality piece of kit!  Nice smooth positive feel and good feedback from the tip; you can feel what's going on.

metalguru

Now one has the tool it is impossible to remember how one managed without it!!
:thumbsup
On the subject of the correct tool for the job, if this tool is used in conjunction with an inductive pick-up rev counter (tachometer) the idle mixture can be set to a variance of +-50RPM. Doing bikes everyday as I did it was well worth the investment to get the bikes running just right instead of near enough. A bit of an outlay initially but the payback is well worth it.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

Got one of those built into my gas analyser, but haven't got it to work yet with stick coils as sensor clips onto plug leads.  Could use my oscilloscope I suppose.

Solon

Sounds like a good toy to own. The link doesn't work.

Bixxer Bob