News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

French Hi Viz Law

Started by Chris Canning, December 04, 2012, 10:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

Good common sense prevails. Personally, I always wear a Hi Viz waistcoat anyway but that is my choice and that is how it should be.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Sin_Tiger

Damn, I had commercial plans to introduce Velcro retro reflective patches in the shape of a frog for sale to Brits travelling in France, guess I will have to come up with another get rich quick plan :pimp
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

I used to wear hi viz when commuting but chose orange to match the Tiger as green did clash somewhat.  Spinoff from that choice is I got more nods from police motorcyclists - I'm guessing they thought I was an instructor or courier....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

chairhead

Shame its not the Breathalyser!! :Topes
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Chris Canning

Quote from: chairhead on December 05, 2012, 07:56:35 AM

Why is that then?,surely you don't advocate drinking and riding/driving.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 05, 2012, 10:00:51 AM
Quote from: chairhead on December 05, 2012, 07:56:35 AM

Why is that then?,surely you don't advocate drinking and riding/driving.

That was my initial reaction as well Chris, but I'm sure he means the pointless requirement to carry them.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

chairhead

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on December 05, 2012, 11:59:04 AM
I'm sure he means the pointless requirement to carry them.

Exactly mate thankyou!

@ Chris   :new_all_coholic :5moped :violent1  just so its clear  :wave
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Chris Canning

Blimey!!!! I'm amazed if it doesn't catch on over here,they make you blow in the bag at your cost,I think ours cost 5/6 quid on the ferry,in comparison to the speeding clamp down a minor detail,if you haven't been over of recent are you in for a culture shock you need eyes in the back of your head

Geoff W

From what I understand the breathalyser to go idea has been dropped, or at least postponed. The French could not produce enough of them in time, so there were none for sale in French Supermarkets when I was there last year. Funny how the ferry companies had plenty for sale at high cost though!
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Chris Canning

Quote from: Geoff W on December 05, 2012, 09:38:18 PM
From what I understand the breathalyser to go idea has been dropped, or at least postponed. The French could not produce enough of them in time, so there were none for sale in French Supermarkets when I was there last year. Funny how the ferry companies had plenty for sale at high cost though!

Not true,there was a delay a couple of months ago you'd have been correct, and there's been some leeway thats gone,it ended in november.

Geoff W

Hi Chris,
I have just read in the MAG magazine that the French have put the breathalyser back again to March 2013. There is also a story that the Mayor of Paris is trying to ban all bikes more than 10 years old.
Geoff.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Chris Canning

Well too be honest for 6 quid it's hardly here nor there is it really,but I have to say I took great exception to having get dressed like some big girls blouse when I didn't want to,I know their are plenty that do but I'm not one of them.

John Stenhouse

I thought you looked good in that blouse Chris  :notworthy
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting