News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

K&N Air Filters

Started by iansoady, October 11, 2012, 01:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iansoady

I've always been a bit dubious about these and came across this today. No idea who the people are who did it but it does seem fairly comprehensive. They do date back a while.

The bits that sprang to attention were the amount of dust passed by the K&N.

However there is no mention that I can see of whether the K&N was correctly oiled.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Chris Canning

Ian

You'll always get War and Piece on aftermarket filters,if I lived in in the desert maybe I'd think otherwise but I don't and I've had a K+N in every bike I've owned since the mid eighties,the only exception has been my my K1200 which I have a DNA in it.

I'm at the point now with the fact their so cheap I don't even clean e'm,there 28 quid from a B'ham outlet,but I've got my old K+N if you want it,just needs cleaning,you've got an IOU on me anyway!!

iansoady

Yes you're probably right that in our damp climate they're not that important. TBH I don't change them as often as recommended either on the Tiger or in the car.

And the "filter" on the A10 won't stop anything smaller than a medium sized bouler....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650