News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

K & N Air Filter System

Started by TigerTrax, November 25, 2012, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

Well...
After several months I find myself on TigerTriple ... It's been a rough year....

BUT . .  2 weeks ago I attended the SEMA show in Las Vegas and stopped at the K & N
booth. I actually spoke with the man who heads up all the filter design for motorcycles.
( He said they are working on 2 new Triumph filters now ).

But my reason for stopping was to ask why I end up with worse gas mileage AFTER I
install a K & N filter.
He said that with all K & N filter systems you get about 25% MORE air than a stock filter.
With that in mind you have to readjust your air/fuel mixture. I asked about fuel injected.
He said the dealer should be abole to make that adjustment.

But then I asked about 'putting too much oil on the filter'. He said that basically you can't.
( I'm presuming using his oil and the amount included with the filter)

I told him I would give it another try.

Hope this is useful to some out there.

TigerTrax ... looking for the fork in the road.

PS: the '06 is still hard charging! :eusa_clap
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Bixxer Bob

:wave Interesting comment mate, and good to see you back!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Jon H.

Well ....  the only "adjustment" the dealer would make to a Girly tiger in order to compensate for increased air flow would be to install the "Offroad" tune....If you didn't already have it.  I run an "Offroad" exhaust, K&N filter, and a TuneECU modified Triumph Offroad Tune.  I average about 42 mpg(US) on the highway.
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black
1971 Norton Commando - Black
1983 Moto Guzzi LeMans lll - Red
2009 Suzuki DL 650S - Black