News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fitch fuel cat

Started by tigergotcha, December 30, 2012, 11:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigergotcha

I was just reading an ebook about improving mileage and found a link to fitch fuel catalyst website.
more hp, torque and mileage just by dropping two mini-missiles in the tank?
there are some very positive reviews on their site  - it sounds nice but... too good to be true?
did anyone try it on a triple? if so, post your personal review!

iansoady

Absolute waste of time & money, as are all these "magic bullets".
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

tigergotcha

Quote from: iansoady on December 30, 2012, 03:02:43 PM

me too I'm a pure skeptical  :hat10 , but being those objects on the market in the last decade (without disappearing), and having read a few independent magazine reviews (cars, motorbikes, trucks) giving positive feedbacks, I was curious to hear from the TT members of eventual personal experiences

John Stenhouse

Just proves there are many suckers out there. If it was that easy, why do fuel companies pay mega bucks to their chemists?

They do two things, one, make the Tiger even more top heavy, two, they part you from your hard earned cash. Steer clear. Or better yet get the seller to explain the catalytic process to you, if he's genuine he should be able to, I guarantee he wont be able to
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

iansoady

Quote from: tigergotcha on December 31, 2012, 10:58:13 AM
Quote from: iansoady on December 30, 2012, 03:02:43 PM

me too I'm a pure skeptical  :hat10 , but being those objects on the market in the last decade (without disappearing), and having read a few independent magazine reviews (cars, motorbikes, trucks) giving positive feedbacks, I was curious to hear from the TT members of eventual personal experiences

They work on the same bases as crystal therapy, homeopathy etc.

1. Nobody likes to think they've been taken for a mug, so will subconsciously ascribe improved performance after "treatment".

2. Mpg, performance, health all change all the time. With the latter, most non-terminal conditions eventually get better on their own, so people "think" it was the intervention that "cured" them.

3. There are (and have always been) plenty of charlatans ready and waiting to take the suckers' hard-earned.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

tigergotcha

just to add hot spices to this discussion...
would be fun to talk to people from university of connecticut labs - if only they'd exist, of course!

http://www.aeeny.org/presentations/APSI%20-%20Fitch%20Presentation%20-%20NYAEE.pdf
(AEENY is the NY chapter of the u.s. Association of Energy Engineers)

Sin_Tiger

Engineers that have a "Chapter"  :doubt.

Charlatans, all the local Dealers?  :pottytrain2
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint