News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New (to me) Steamer

Started by Rallyroo, January 05, 2013, 11:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rallyroo

G'day! Some of you might have seen my post over on ADVrider, but this forum looks like a great resource for when I (inevitably) start having issues with my new Steamer.

1998 Tiger 900 with some luggage and farkles, 28k on the clock, for 2 grand. Seems to be in decent shape mechanically but will need some cosmetic work. I am a little wary of high-mile triples as I had a '98 Daytona that self-destructed in only a few weeks of ownership, but I hear the 885 is a pretty bulletproof mill.

Steaming like the name suggests:

So this is the cosmetic work I mentioned. The entire tank has bubbled off paint and will need a respray. I'm thinking bedliner.

Can't wait for spring to take it on a proper ride!

rf9rider

Welcome, looks a tidy motor apart from the paint.

Looks like you have a choice of bikes to ride while you get it sorted!

Rallyroo

Quote from: rf9rider on January 05, 2013, 11:09:38 PM
Welcome, looks a tidy motor apart from the paint.

Looks like you have a choice of bikes to ride while you get it sorted!

Thanks! Sadly, none of those are mine. Tiger is being stored in a friend's garage (along with a couple other people's bikes) until spring when I can take it home.