News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone know where I might find a couple of these?

Started by totomojo, March 05, 2013, 04:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

totomojo

This is a latch catch off a factory hard bag.  Fits on the part that hinges out.  The pawl on the latch hooks on to it when you latch the bag.  I need a couple of them to fix a bag I'm repairing.  Triumph says they don't make them anymore.

blacktiger

Shot in the dark.
I always understood that Givi made those bags so you could get it touch with them.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

rf9rider

totomojo

Thanks for the suggestions.  Turns out Baglux only does soft luggage and Givi does not supply parts for OEM luggage. 

Mustang

pm or email me some better pics and I bet i could duplicate them out of 6061 aluminum if you sent me one to use as a pattern

benebob

Sadly, I threw the broekn bag away Monday.  They were there.  Sorry!
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

totomojo

Ahhhh. Benebob.  I should have checked sooner but I didn't know they were no longer made till Saturday.

Mustang.  I appreciate the offer.  Are you talking about machining something from bar stock?  It's kinda hard to see in the first picture but they have two pressed in inserts that are threaded.  Complicates the fab.  I think I could just do away with those, leave the hump off that end, drill holes all the way through and put a fastener and and nut through.  I attached better pics.

I think I would need four so both bags would match.  What do you think four of those would cost? 

NKL

I believe they are the same as some Honda cases, early Pan European.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

totomojo

Mustang... I tried to PM you but I can't get by the frigging verification questions.  Not sure which one.  I think it was "On what side did King Tutankhaman part his hair".  I guessed left.