News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tank Bag

Started by pineygroveshop, March 16, 2013, 10:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineygroveshop

My '02 OEM Tank Bag map pocket has developed holes.  Time for a new tank bag.  I have been very happy with the OEM bag except for the way the map pocket angles down towards the front.  No biggy, I would buy another OEM bag if I can find one.  The dealer says that it is no longer available.  I asked them to look for the later version that has the photoreflective piping.

What tank bag are you using?  Please include pics.

Cheers,
Stephen

birddogone

Hey Stephen,
I have the Wolfman Expedition (small). It's on the small side but holds all the small essentials.
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

pineygroveshop

I like the bag and it is in good shape.  I'm gonna look for a replacement map pouch.
Cheers,
Stephen

benebob

I have a motocentric 7 that fits nice though I would prefer something that held a gps better for glare.  Handlebars suck too IMO.  Nicely made, good features and priced well at $50 or so.  No pics as I'm currently bikeless and stupid me left the strap on the old tiger so I'll need to buy a new one when I pick the new bike up on Friday.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

pineygroveshop

Finding a replacement map pouch is not as easy as I hoped.  The Wolfman Rainier Tank Bag looks promising; however, I have a contact at Triumph USA, in Georgia, checking with the North American dealers to see if there is an OEM bag lying about.
Cheers,
Stephen

Mini Mo

Hey Piney-

This is a link I posted a few years back. It was a simple mod. If the pouch is still available I would look into doing something like this.

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,6088.msg39504.html#msg39504

BTW I did end up scooting the map pocket up slightly to utilize the bottom snap and added a snap to the top of the pocket to coincide with the stock snap on the triumph tank bag

Good luck

1999 Tiger
2006 KTM 450 EXC
1971 Honda CB750

pineygroveshop

Thanks Mini Mo.  That map pocket is no longer available; however, you have put my head in another direction.
Cheers,
Stephen