News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New voltage fix

Started by IlDoc, May 04, 2013, 09:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IlDoc

Hi to all!
My mechanic has done the sasquatch voltage fix, BUT he just put another cable between the RR socket and the + pole of the battery, so i have the old cables working and 14.2 volts on the battery, what do you think about it?

Dutch

So you have the old country road AND the new freeway?

Depends on the day: on weekdays the electrons take the freeway and you'll be fine, on sundays they take the scenic route and you break down  :hat10

Sin_Tiger

Take the original wires out, it they get a short all the big quotes in the world won't stop the electrons taking the shortest route to earth  :icon_eek:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

find a new mechanic ................... :icon_eek:

Dutch

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 04, 2013, 01:29:10 PM
Take the original wires out, it they get a short all the big quotes in the world won't stop the electrons taking the shortest route to earth  :icon_eek:
On the other hand: resistance in the old path is higher than in the new one, so most of the current will flow through the fix. Considering a lot of Tigers are not (yet) Sasquatch fixed and haven't burned down within 10 miles, I think it should not be a great problem if the original wires remain. What I do wonder is if there is a fuse in the new line, didn't read anything about that.

metalguru

Get a new mechanic who can do a proper repair. The repair that has been done is only half done  and will lead to trouble very soon.

Alternatively read the thread on here where all the info you will ever need, and the mechanic too, then perhaps he does proper repair, hope he didn't charge you for it....oooo was that a pun.    :icon_study:
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Sin_Tiger

Did your mechanic study at the Moto Guzzi electrical academy by any chance  :icon_study: :sleepy1
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

IlDoc

I've attached the new wiring in the charging circuit diagram, in this way i have  only the battery and the starter motor directly wired, all the rest is under the original fuses, i will surely put a fuse in this line to protect  the battery as Dutch siggested, but now i have 14.2 signed also by the ECM and the lights did non dim intensity when i accelerate, this afternoon i will test directly with the voltmeter. metalguru, my mechanic is italian and can't read english :icon_rolleyes: i've told him about the sasquatch fix and when i came for my bike he had yet done the work, it works for this reason i'm tryng to well understand if it's really good or not.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 05, 2013, 09:50:44 AM
Did your mechanic study at the Moto Guzzi electrical academy by any chance  :icon_study: :sleepy1

Ask me how I know   :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...