News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Schuberth Helmet

Started by birddogone, June 14, 2013, 01:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birddogone

I have worn a C2 Schuberth since 2006 and recently decided it was time for a new one. So, I purchased a new C3 and much to my dismay the changes in the helmet are not impressive. The C3 sun visor now has a cut out in the bottom center which prevents it to be used partially and the new "city" position has changed so the air circulation is not near as good as in the old C2. The PinLock shield is a pain in the ass, like looking thru a tunnel and the weight of the C3, the same as the C2 on my scale. I like my new helmet, but shit fire, why all the changes?  :icon_scratch:

I guess ya get what you pay for.... :bug_eye
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Sin_Tiger

Improvement for the sake of it in some cases   :icon_rolleyes:

I've a couple of C3's and yes, not the lightest,  I have a big nose so the cut out works for me.  The pinlock does work but I find it's continually working loose, had numerous breakage points and two failures of the Cardo Bluetooth. The strap buckles rust like a Lada in a Siberian salt mine (why a make of this quality can't use stainless steel is beyond me)

Having said that, it's still my weapon of choice for touring, quieter than anything else I have tried in the last few years, convenient and doesn't look daft whichever bike I choose to ride.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Love my C3 and have never had a problem, except the big buckle sticks in my Adams apple  :icon_eek:

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

The Midnight Rambler

Had a C2 for ages but on a recent trip it was hanging on the footrest when the bike fell over (oops!)
Anyway, the replacement boiled down to C3 or Shoei Neotec and reading reviews I realised the slight pressure on the forehead and behind the ears weren't unique to my weird head.
Having tried both as long as possible in the shop (thank you Infinity Southampton) I got the Neotec and have never regreted it. And yes the Schuberth caught on my adams apple too.
It is a tad noisier but you can ride with the visor up and it doesn't close under wind pressure like the C2 (and C3 by all accounts) did.
Just this heads view.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

birddogone

Well Fellas, I guess it is start'n to grow on me, just have to get used to it. One thing's for sure Schuberth helmets fit me well and they are quiet.
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Sin_Tiger

There's not many shops that will let you do that.

The flipping visor I think is down to air flow, never had a problem with that but my friend did on another bike.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint