News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lowered side and main stand

Started by Montydog, July 24, 2013, 11:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montydog

Hi all i am based in Yorkshire and recently bought my Tiger off this forum. It has had the chain adjuster rotated and therefore lowered at the rear and forks dropped through the yokes to equal the rear. As a consequence the very clever previous owner shortened both stands to accommodate this cheap lowering of what is a very tall motorbike. I am not vertically challenged and am in danger of wearing my boots out if I continue riding, sooooooo does anyone want to do a staged swap for o/e good condition standard size stands so I can reverse my bike back to its original ride and you lower your bike ???? Many thanks

iansoady

Hi John,

Very clever previous owner here(!)

It does seem that centre stand PFKL1191282 and prop stand PFKL1205808 are still available from World of Triumph (http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator.php?block_01=&block_02=304113&block_03=23772). I would get the prop stand and raise the bike up then look around for a centre stand. All veryeasy to change.......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Montydog

Cheers Ian...... No difficulty with change I thought someone might benefit from the work you've done as the Tiger is soooo tall it puts some folk off! I may have to replace the Buell foot pegs as they are disappearing fast!!!!!!?

iansoady

By the way, the pillion pegs are a direct swap with the rider pegs (but don't have the hero blobs, which by the sound of it are probably already worn away in your case!) Very easy to change over.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650