News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

hepl please

Started by lwad, March 14, 2005, 10:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwad

I have a bit of a dumb question to ask.

I have a tiger 99 and want to know what the clear tank is under the right hand side of the cock pit (it has a filler cap on the right of the  dash board).

The reason I ask is I noticed when arriving at work today that it is well below the min mark :shock:  I'm guessing it's coolant, so what do can I put in it (water/ coolant mix)?  

The Tiger is fairly new to me and I cleverly took the service book off the bike and left it at home :roll:

ChrisN

Yes it's the coolant res. Top up with water, preferably with the addition of standard anti-freeze if it takes a lot.
Chris

lwad

Thanks for the quick reply Chris.

I'll go and fill it to the min  level with water now, then add a bit of antifreeze later.

sunny

Iwad

Are you looking at it with the bike on the side stand cos it will be below the min mark like this (at least mine is). When you have the bike upright it will read more (this is the correct position for checking all fluid levels).

cheers chris

lwad

Quote from: "sunny"Iwad

Are you looking at it with the bike on the side stand cos it will be below the min mark like this (at least mine is). When you have the bike upright it will read more (this is the correct position for checking all fluid levels).

cheers chris

Nope, the level was very low whatever the angle.  I've fillled it now and will keep an eye on it.  I wasn't low last time I looked (I looked at it wondering what it was, but as it wasn't low aI didn't investigate), so I may have a problem :(