News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rad Caps

Started by Chris Canning, August 13, 2013, 02:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Just in the process of preping the Tiger for a trip in September,decided to do a coolant change it's been run on Silkolene Pro Cool these last couple of years and what came out was not too far from the colour that went in so will use it again,I'd bought a new Triumph rad cap some months ago and decided I'd had my monies worth out of the original but it was interesting comparing the original to Triumphs latest offering.

birddogone

I like it...The new one looks better to me.   :thumbsup
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

ArchRider

What did you pay for the new one?  I've heard about using a Honda Civic cap as a reasonably priced replacement.

I need to check mine while I have the tank off.  Thanks for the thread.  You just reminded me.  :thumbsup

Chris Canning

In US around $18 although that was a UK trade price.

blacktiger

Quote from: ArchRider on August 14, 2013, 01:50:12 AM
What did you pay for the new one?  I've heard about using a Honda Civic cap as a reasonably priced replacement.

No no no!!
In fact most Jap car caps will fit as they're the same size but they're not the same pressure rating. The Tiger requires 1.1Bar. Jap car ones are 0.9Bar. I don't know what the Honda one is rated at. The one that does the job properly is a Subaru Imprezza cap which is also rated at 1.1Bar. Don't know what the price is though. After hours of searching and research I gave up and bought the Triumph supplied one for £13.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.