News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

g#d%am* engine!

Started by nikonvt, August 12, 2013, 09:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikonvt

Had an issue with the engine cutting out and a trip on Fri so I ordered a fuel pump and did a bunch of stuff.  New fuel pump is in, new couplings in, iacv lubed, misc other stuff.  Get it all together and fire it up - check engine light is on. I can't tune ecu it, don't have a way to plug it in.  Thoughts on what I should check?
01 955i

Advwannabe

Does it go away with the 12 minute tune?
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

nikonvt

Was in the 12min tune process but had to leave so shut it down.  I'm gonna try that when o get outta work in the morning.
01 955i

HockleyBoy

Three start up from cold and run till warm should clear the light.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

nikonvt

Ok thanks.  I'll keep that in mind  :thumbsup
01 955i

blacktiger

Quote from: nikonvt on August 13, 2013, 11:02:44 AM
Ok thanks.  I'll keep that in mind  :thumbsup

Yeah, the check engine light will come on if you've disconnected the battery for any length of time. Three heat cycles should turn it off again.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.